If you want bike performance with the safety of car like handling then you need to look no further. Simply buy a SVE tR1ke kit and then add the power train from a Yamaha YZK R1 motorcycle.
Specifications and Pricing
The chassis is a fully triangulated steel space frame, designed to achieve an extremely high level of strength and torsional rigidity. The main tubulars are arranged efficiently to absorb the loads at the node points – such as the roll hoop and the top of the suspension connection points. The design used computer simulated loads which was then refined through actual testing.
Length: 8.83 ft (2.69meters)
Width: 5.83 ft (1.78 meters)
Height: 3.67 ft (1.12 meters)
Weight: About 735 lbs (334 kilos)
No front brakes are provided in the kit. Wilwood or Hi Spec 4 pot calipers, rotors, and pads (available as an optional extra) are recommended. The rear brake rotor is sourced from R1 donor. Hi Spec rear caliper, mounting bracket and cable are optional extras.
The standard power plant is the 150-180 hp (depending upon year of manufacture) 998cc engine and 6 speed transmission obtained from the Yamaha YZK R1 donor. These units are not the most powerful in their field but offer excellent value for the money. With 150 – 180 hp on tap in a car that weighs in at 735 lbs, this results in a horsepower to weight ratio of about 4.2 to 5.0 – supercar territory indeed.
Ride quality is always a personal preference, so the tR1ke features fully adjustable suspension settings. The all round coil over shock absorbers (the front pair being provided in the kit, the rear sourced from the donor) can be adjusted in ride height and damping. Basically the perfect feel can be achieved to suit all drivers. The standard steering rack, provided in the kit, supplies 3.5 turns lock to lock but a quicker 2.4 turns lock to lock option is available.
BASE KIT COMPONENTS ($7,740 plus applicable taxes, shipping, and import duty – see below)
- Fully welded tubular space frame ready to accept Yamaha YZK R1 engine and 6 speed transmission components (from 1998 to 2007 model years – customer to specify year of donor)
- Pro Tech fully adjustable shock absorbers complete with coil over springs
- Front and rear wishbones (“A” arms) complete with poly bushings, crush tubes and ball joints
- Rally Design alloy front uprights with hubs and bearings, to accept radial brake caliper mount for Wilwood or Hi Spec radial 4 pot calipers (optional extra)
- Handbrake and cables
- Aluminum sections for front bulkhead, rear bulkhead, center console and cockpit floor
- 3 piece GRP (set in color of your choice) comprising of hood section and two front fender with steel mounting brackets
- Front grill mesh
- Aluminum coolant pipes (3), for front radiator mounting
- Twin 4 gallon fuel tanks with locking caps
- Steering column complete with stalk type switches (from used UK model Ford Fiesta) and column to rack adaptor
- Steering rack
- Assembly guide CD ROM
OPTIONAL EXTRAS (Prices include shipping)
- 2 Standard Type GRP seats (customer to specify color); Price $399
- 2 Sport Type GRP seats (customer to specify color); Price $399
- Padded and quilted seat inserts (color TBD); Price $150
- Padded and quilted tunnel cover (color TBD); Price $150
- Powder Coating to chassis frame and wishbone suspension components (color to be specified by customer); Price $650
- Wilwood or Hi Spec big brake kit (including 4 pot calipers, high performance pads & stainless steel flex lines); Price $650
- Drilled and grooved brake rotors, front or rear (pair); Price $200
- Electric Reverse Kit (including hi-torque motor, mounting bracket and drive pinions); Price $720
- Quickrack steering rack kit; Price $199
- Custom aluminum surge tank (for mounting OEM fuel pump module, mounted behind passenger seat); Price $349
- Lighting and wiring kit; Price $365
- Kliktronic electronic steering wheel mounted gear shift; Price $975
- Kliktronic flappy paddles for gearshift; Price $575
- Kliktronic ignition interrupt module (for flat out gear changes; Price $265
- Non standard gel coat color; Price $100
Note standard gelcoat color range includes: white, red, tangerine, yellow, imperial blue and Kawasaki green
PLEASE NOTE THAT PRICES ARE SUBJECT TO REVISION DUE TO CHANGES IN CURRENCY CONVERSION AND MARKET CONDITIONS
Kit builders need to provide hoses, clips, rivets, screws, nuts and bolts and sealant. Some of these items can be obtained from the donor car (if that approach is selected). DRL can supply all of the items at request at additional cost.
SHIPPING, IMPORT DUTY & CUSTOMS FEES
When DRL imports the kits into the US, there are ocean shipping costs, import duties (2.5% of purchase) and customs/brokers fees that are paid. DRL brings kits into the US by container at periodically intervals, thus minimizing these costs. Typically the total costs extra costs if a kit is shipped in by container will be $1500. Domestic shipping on a pallet usually ranges from $500 to $1000. DRL can also arrange for kits to be shipped in direct from the factory to the customer’s door. Typically these costs are higher and can be quoted on request once a final destination has been established.
A Yamaha YZK R1 donor bike will provide the following components:
- Engine and transmission
- Swing arm and coil over shock with mounting brackets
- Chain drive
- Back wheel
- Wiring loom
- Instrument cluster
- Ignition switch and key
- Handle bar switches (optional)
- Fuel pump module (removed from donor fuel tank)
As you will determine, there is still a lot of the bike left so we recommend that you buy a donor, remove the parts that you need and sell the remaining parts on Ebay (or other means) as we know from both our own experience and that of our customers that you can recover much of the cost of the donor bike.
Learn more about the tR1ke by visiting the SVE Owner’s Forum.